The Thinking Pianist
Following two successful years, we are looking forward to The Thinking Pianist 2023!
DATES: Saturday 15th - Saturday 22nd July 2023
Full-time students (7 nights)
(Early bird: £1375 for bookings before 31st January 2023)
Non-residential £1000.00 including lunch and dinner
A 10% deposit will be required to confirm your booking on the course. The balance will be due one month before the start of the course.
See what the attendees made of the 2022 course
WHAT WILL WE COVER IN THE COURSE?
Core course activities will include;
- Lessons, masterclasses and workshops with distinguished Faculty, joined by visiting specialists who will deliver other classes and concerts.
- Opportunities to rehearse and perform ensembles, i.e. duet, 2 pianos, (3+ hands!)
- Course concerts with the opportunity to perform to like-minded fellow pianists!
- The “Teaching is Learning” strand of seminars and workshops offers insight into the multiple synergies of these two activities: trying to teach any skill is a guaranteed method of improving it!
- Fundamentals of Piano Pedagogy offers an optional, parallel mini-course on the basics of teaching. This can be used as a starting point for early-career piano teachers or a refresher for those with more experience.
Accommodation will be in one of the Cheltenham Ladies' College boarding houses. Bedrooms are all single-occupancy with shared bathroom facilities.
Our in-house catering team will provide three meals a day within your residential house. Let us know if you have any specific dietary requirements or allergies at least 2 weeks prior to your arrival. The food was one of the talking points of the previous courses!
To book onto the course, please fill out the information on the online form, or contact us via: Venuesandevents@cheltladiescollege.org