20 QUESTIONS YOU SHOULD ASK YOUR WEDDING VENUE BEFORE BOOKING
Planning your wedding can be stressful and it is more than likely the biggest event you will ever plan. We've compiled a list of 20 questions you should ask wedding venues before you book. Each venue will have different policies so it's best to ask (and remember to write down the answers) rather than to assume as it could be a costly mistake.
- How many people can the venue accommodate for a sit-down meal?
- Is there a dedicated in-house wedding co-coordinator?
- What’s included in the venue hire? Are tables, chairs, linen included?
- Are there any restrictions on types of decorations (for example, are candles permitted?)
- Does the venue have a PA system available for speeches?
- Can guests leave their cars overnight and collect them the next day?
- Is there a safe place for guests to store coats and personal belongings?
- Can you meet the duty manager beforehand to go over the details?
- Does the package include menu tasting?
- Does the venue provide catering for children?
- Can you bring your own own caterer?
- If you are bringing a caterer in, will they have access to a kitchen, power, running water, etc?
- Is the venue flexible with menu choices? Can you make suggestions?
- What are the vegetarian/vegan options? Can the venue accommodate special dietary requirements, i.e. allergies or gluten-free etc?
- Does the venue have a license to consume alcohol?
- Can you supply your own alcohol? Is there a corkage fee?
- How late will the bar be open?
- What entertainment is permitted? Is there a sufficient power supply for any entertainment/sound systems you may require? Is there an extra charge for these?
- Does the venue have an alternative space for photos/drinks for an outdoor reception in case it’s raining?
- Will there be any other weddings/receptions/large parties at the venue on the same day?
It will be worth asking the venue to confirm all details in writing so you have a record of what has been agreed. We hope that by asking these 20 questions you will be able to enjoy planning your dream day.
Have a look at our wedding packages here